Half Toner Gadget
This gadget can be used to create some stunning halftone effects from your home photo collection or any designs you may have and then machine them on CNC. Note: This gadget is only compatible with Aspire.
How It Works
This Gadget creates this effect by drilling holes at different depths with either a Vbit or Ball Nose Tool, The darker the colour, the deeper and wider the hole drilled.
Step By Step
Tutorial - Recommended
How to use Half Toner?
To use this gadget just follow these simple steps:
- Before running this gadget, you must ensure you have created a 3d
For images, go to the modelling tab and select the "Create component from selected bitmap" option, locate your image and press "OK"
- Go to "Gadgets" on the toolbar and select the "Halftoner" Gadget
- With the Gadget running you will have the following options
- Maximum Hole Radius: Specify how deep into the material you would like to drill
- Screen Angle : Specify what angle you would like to align the rows of holes drilled
- Rectract Z: specify the safe height for the drill to pull up out of the material and to clear any objects.
- Click "OK" to use the specified options and the Gadget will now create your toolpath
Current Version: 1.2
- Updated to work with version 9 software