Gear Maker Gadget
This gadget will create vectors for gears to be cut on a CNC. The gadget can also edit gears that have been created previously incase you need to change any of the parameters mid job.
How It Works
This gadget works by taking the number of teeth, diamteral pitch, pressure angle along with a central bore and will create you the vectors to create toolpaths from.
Step By Step
How to use the Gear Maker gadget?
To use this gadget just follow these simple steps:
- Start a new job in Aspire or VCarve Pro
- Go to "Gadgets" on the toolbar and select the "Gear Maker" Gadget
- With the Gadget running you will have the following options
- Anchor Point: Specify where on the job to create the vectors
- Number of Teeth: Specify the number of teeth on each gear
- Diametral Pitch: How many teeth per inch/cm of its diameter
- Pressure Angle: Specify the angle to create the arcs on the gears teeth
- Bore Diameter: This is the center hole of the gear on which the gear rotates.
- Line Resolution: This is to do with how many line spans are used to create the arcs on the gears teeth.
- Click "OK" to use the specified options and the Gadget will now create the vectors to use to create the toolpath.
Current Version: 1.1
- Updated to work with version 9 software